Skip to main content
Georgia Tech History Digital Portal

Alexander Memorial Coliseum

The Alexander Memorial Coliseum, named for Coach William Alexander, opened in 1956. The Coliseum underwent three major renovations, in 1986, 1989-1990, and finally in 1995-1996 in preparation for the Olympics. In 2010, the Coliseum was extensively renovated and renamed Hank McCamish Pavilion.

Read the Historic Structure Report for the Alexander Memorial Coliseum.

The Alexander Memorial Coliseum, named for Coach William Alexander, opened in 1956. The Coliseum underwent three major renovations, in 1986, 1989-1990, and finally in 1995-1996 in preparation for the Olympics. In 2010, the Coliseum was extensively renovated and renamed Hank McCamish Pavilion.

Read the Historic Structure Report for the Alexander Memorial Coliseum.