Skip to main content
Georgia Tech History Digital Portal

Brittain Dining Hall

Brittain Dining Hall first opened its doors in September 1928 to accomodate a rapidly growing student body. Several departments at Georgia Tech contributed to the construction: the Textiles Department made drapes, the Ceramics Department created floor tiles, and the architects who designed Brittain Dining Hall were Georgia Tech professors. The building is one of several buildings at Georgia Tech that represents the Gothic style of architecture, which was favored on campus in its early years.

Read the Historic Structure Report for Brittain Dining Hall.

Brittain Dining Hall first opened its doors in September 1928 to accomodate a rapidly growing student body. Several departments at Georgia Tech contributed to the construction: the Textiles Department made drapes, the Ceramics Department created floor tiles, and the architects who designed Brittain Dining Hall were Georgia Tech professors. The building is one of several buildings at Georgia Tech that represents the Gothic style of architecture, which was favored on campus in its early years.

Read the Historic Structure Report for Brittain Dining Hall.