Skip to main content
Georgia Tech History Digital Portal

Chapin Building/Joseph Brown Whitehead Memorial Hospital

The Chapin Building, originally called the Joseph Brown Whitehead Memorial Hospital, was built in 1911. In 1987, it was renamed to honor the career of Lloyd Chapin, a former Professor, Registrar, and Dean of Faculties. The building is one of the oldest on Tech's campus.

Read the Historic Structure Report for the Chapin Building.

Chapin Building/Joseph Brown Whitehead Memorial Hospital