Skip to main content
Georgia Tech History Digital Portal

Mechanical Engineering Research Building

The Mechanical Engineering Research Building, also known as the Tin Building, was designed in 1947 as additional lab space for research in Mechanical Engineering. The building was made almost entirely of metal and glass so as to be fireproof. The building was home to student competition organizations from the 1990s until 2011, when the building was classified as unsafe and the organizations were moved off campus.

Read the Historic Structure Report for the Mechanical Engineering Research Building.