Skip to main content
Georgia Tech History Digital Portal

Tech Tower

Tech Tower, formally known as the Academic Building or Lettie Pate Whitehead Evans Administration Building, was completed in 1888. This building has been central to the functioning of the school, first serving as a classroom building and later as the center for administration. Students have stolen the T from the famous "TECH" lettering on the Tower several times over the years.

Read the Historic Structure Report for Tech Tower.

Tech Tower